Fabulous law firm located near Union Station is seeking to hire a Manager, Administrative Services.
This is a newly created position and will be responsible for the overall day to day operational activities of the law firm in the following administrative firm matters:
• Provide leadership and guidance to administrative services staff (Facilities Coordinator, Receptionist, Hostess/Back-Up Receptionist, Records Management Specialist)
• Manage the Facilities Coordinator and oversee all facilities-related functions to ensure day-today operational excellence.
• Report and respond to all premise-related deficiencies, requests or issues in a timely manner to the Tenant Services Work Order System and/or the appropriate vendor or contractor.
• Oversee on-site vendors and contractors as required.
• Respond to any Health and Safety Committee recommendations or potential hazards identified on the monthly workplace inspections.
• Maintain a safe and secure working environment
• Keep current on Building services and inform internal stakeholders as required. Ensure facilities and equipment remain in good repair and appearance Document and Records Management
• Information/document management oversight (retention/destruction and closing client files), process improvement and efficiency.
• Work with the third-party onsite copy/print/mail services, to ensure a high degree of client service and productivity. Vendor and Contractor Relations
• Liaise and maintain good working relations with Property Management and external vendors and contractors.
• Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers. Inventory Control
• Oversee the maintenance of inventory and ordering of supplies, including receipt and approval of invoices.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of the annual Administrative Services budget.
• 5-7+ years of office and facilities coordination/management experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment.
• Superior customer services skills to understand the requirement and the need of the users utilizing oral and written communications skills as well as effective listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills needed to build trust and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels within the firm.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills;
• Process oriented with the ability to solve problems independently;
• Experience leading and motivating a high performing team
• Working knowledge of Office 2019, experience in Enterprise level software, with willingness to earn new software and applications.
• Exposure to a document management system is an asset.