Full service, well known reputable law firm located in the Toronto, downtown core is seeking a Trade-mark legal assistant to join their team! Firm offers: career growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits and competitive salary.
• Provide assistance to professionals with due date management and respond to deadlines;
• Administrative duties including, preparing communications to clients and CIPO, billing and updating IP databases;
• Prepare opposition and S.45 submissions;
• Prepare and perform initial review of conflict searches;
• Assist with knockout searches, request registrability searches and format search opinions;
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
• Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate or Law Clerk Degree is required.
• Minimum two years relevant working experience as a legal assistant in the area of IP (regulatory experience is an asset).
• Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite – (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Excellent attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.